“Being a movie villain is not easy. Nobody respects your work, everyone loves your sworn enemy, and cheers if he straight up murders your ass”
An interesting article that I stumbled upon through my RSS feeds was an article on cracked.com entitled “9 Famous Movie Villains Who Were Right All Along.“ Villains, right? Surely they deserve everything they get! After all they are the bad guys. But as mind blowing as it seems, when you take a step back and have an objective view, in many of these films its the villain who cops the raw end of the deal…
Edward Rooney- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Mr. Rooney was the incredibly mean Dean of Students who spends the entire movie trying to catch Ferris skipping school while pretending to be sick. What’s his deal anyway? I mean why does he care if one student take the day off?
Think about it, really think about it…..
- Hmmm, maybe for starters because its his job?
- He is a teacher who takes his job seriously and actually gives a damn about his students, something teachers within the public system are always criticised for not doing enough!
- (Whether or not he is an asshole besides the point) – he is paid to make sure kids aren’t behaving the way Ferris did
And you know what? He was right all along!
- Ferris was skipping school
- He lied, stole and cause millions in property damage when he destroyed Cameron’s dad’s car
And who loses in the end? Rooney of course! Not only is Ferris never exposed, but he also loses his wallet and is attacked by a Rottweiler. Oh the price of caring!
The Wicked Witch of The West- The Wizard of Oz
Her name says it all doesn’t it? She’s not just any witch of the west, she is the “wicked” witch of the west! And she does enough to earn this title doesn’t she? She kidnaps Dorothy, threatens to drown her dog and attempts to set The Scarecrow on fire; just to get a Dorothy’s ruby slippers. That is some serious evil right there!
But think about it, really think about it…..
- The Witch sisters are hanging around Oz, minding their own business when some random teenager casually arrives and crushes the wicked witch of the east to death with a house, killing her instantly. And if that wasn’t enough this the teenager then goes ahead corpse-loots the victim’s shoes
- The Wicked Witch of the West was never after world domination or even Dorothy, all she wanted was the damn ruby slippers!
And you know what? She was right all along!
- According to any inheritance law in the world, those slippers should go to the deceased’s remaining family, in this case the Wicked Witch of the West; making them rightfully hers all along!
All the Wicked Witch of the West ever wanted was her slippers back, she never tries to actually murder Dorothy; but of course this gets her no where and she too is murdered at the hands of the teenager!
Sauron- The Lord of the Rings
Sauron, surely he is your classic evil overlord! Look at him: he has a flaming eye-ball and a helmet of spikes; and don’t forget the armies of monsters he has. Not to mention all that uhh stuff he did?
Think about it, really think about it…..
- What did he do? The entire 2000-hour trilogy never mentioning this! Sure he was building an army to advance on middle earth, but who were they and what were they fighting for?
- Orcs thats who! And this was a world where Orcs were used as target practice among elvish communities, the minorities in each kingdom
- Sauron could have just been trying to earn a slice of middle earth for him and his followers, petitioning for freedom for the minorities!
And you know what? He was right all along
- Does everyone not deserve freedom?
- Sure his methods were excessively violent, but that is the case in any revolution!
Of course Sauron being the ‘villain’ did not win the battle, the Orcs remaining unable to live freely among the elves of Middle Earth.
Mind blown? Well to check out more Villains who were right all along, check out the original post and read more click here: 9 Famous Movie Villains Who Were Right All Along | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_18417_9-famous-movie-villains-who-were-right-all-along_p3.html#ixzz26uvJEmRd